Administrators, Trainers, Managers, and Team Leads are able to remind users to take courses they've been invited to, but have not completed yet. There are a few ways to go about doing this, so we'll walk through each one step by step!
Remind multiple users in multiple courses through the Users page (Bulk Actions)
You can use the advanced filter to find the users you'd like to remind across multiple courses. In this example, I am going to remind all active users who have not completed all of their courses.
- Go to the Users page on the left hand navigation.
- Click on the 'Advanced Filter' and complete the fields you'd like to filter for.
- Because I'd like to remind all the active users who have not completed a course, I am filtering for Status: Active and
- Progress: Invited, Progress: In Progress.
- Click 'Search' and then your Users grid will update with the filtered users.
6. Select all of the users by clicking the box on the upper left of the column header for the Users grid.
All of your users will highlight in blue, indicating they've been selected. You'll see a yellow orange 'Invite' button and a blue 'Manage' button appear in the upper right hand section of the screen.
7. Click the 'Manage' button.
You will see a new window appear on the right side with a few tabs available: Groups, Custom Fields, and Courses.
8. Select the Courses tab and you will see a list of all of the courses those users are currently assigned with a graph for each course giving you an idea how many of the users are in which state for the course.
9. Select all the courses by checking the box in the top left corner of the column header in this grid.
10. In the top right hand corner, you will see a blue 'Take Actions' button appear. Click the button and you will be sent to a new page showing you how many instances are in each course state.
11. Select the "Invited" and "In Progress" states.
12. Select the "Remind" button in the top right corner. A reminder email will be sent to those users, including a link to the course.
Remind one user in multiple courses
If you are looking at one trainee at a time to see how they're progressing through their coursework, you can send them reminder emails for multiple courses at once.
- Go to the Users page on the left hand navigation and find the user.
- Select the User by clicking on the row they appear in.
- Click on the Course tab on the selected user's page.
- Select each course you'd like to send a reminder for.
- Click on the Remind button from the Trainee Actions drop down menu in the top right hand corner.
The user has now been sent a reminder email for each course you selected.
Note: Once you are on the courses tab, you can also use the filter to search for courses based on the Invited or In Progress status.
Remind multiple users in one course
If you are looking to see how trainees are doing in one specific course, you can send reminder emails to multiple trainees in one course at once.
- Go to the Courses page from the left hand navigation.
- Select the course you want to look at.
- Select the Trainees tab.
- Check the box next to each user you'd like to remind.
- Choose the Remind option from the Trainee Actions drop down menu in the top right hand corner.
Your selected users will get a reminder email for this course.
Note: Once you are on the trainees tab, you can also use the filter to search for users based on the Invited or In Progress status.
Final Note: The system will only send one reminder email in a 24 hour period, so if you see the "remind" button greyed out, it most likely means someone has already sent an email to that user. You can also check to see if the course already has reminder emails automated by going to the course settings.