If your module contains more than one quiz, Mindflash averages the scores across all quizzes and uses that to determine the Module Score. On the Manage tab, you can set a minimum score (average of all quizzes) required to pass this module.
A quiz passing score, on the other hand, determines the minimum score a trainee must achieve in order to pass that particular quiz. To edit this, please refer to the Help Article related to How to Create a Quiz.
Important Note: Scenarios to consider when deciding how you want to set up your passing requirements:
- Enabling the module passing score only. Module will be passed if the average of all the quiz scores meets or exceeds the module score.
- Enabling the quiz passing scores and not the module passing score. Module will be passed only if trainees meet or exceed each of the individual quiz passing scores in the module.
- If a trainee fails to meet 1 or more of the (enabled) quiz passing scores, they will fail the module, regardless of their overall average
- If your module has multiple quizzes, but you want passing/failing to be based on one specific quiz, then set a quiz passing score only for that specific quiz and leave both the module passing score and other quiz passing score boxes, unchecked.
- No module or quiz passing scores: trainee will pass the course, regardless of their score(s).